This is traditional pumpkin pie...with a twist! I like the zesty orange taste of the sour cream topping paired with the pumpkin custard. When I serve this pie, there's never any left, so you might want to make two! —Joan Bingham, Cornwall, Vermont
- Pastry for single-crust pie (9 inches)
- 2 eggs
- 1 can (15 ounces) solid-pack pumpkin
- 1 can (14 ounces) sweetened condensed milk
- 2-1/2 teaspoons grated orange peel, divided
- 2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1-1/4 cups sour cream
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 teaspoons thawed orange juice concentrate
- Preheat oven to 425°. On a lightly floured surface, roll pastry dough to a 1/8-in.-thick circle; transfer to a 9-in. pie plate. Trim pastry to 1/2 in. beyond rim of plate; flute edge. Refrigerate while preparing filling.
- In a large bowl, whisk eggs, pumpkin, milk, 2 teaspoons orange peel, pie spice and salt until well blended. Pour into pastry. Bake on a lower oven rack 15 minutes. Reduce oven setting to 350°; bake 25-30 minutes longer or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean.
- In a small bowl, mix sour cream, sugar, orange juice concentrate and remaining orange peel; spread evenly over filling. Bake 5 minutes longer or until set. Cool on a wire rack; serve or refrigerate within 2 hours. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Sour Cream Pumpkin Pie in Taste of Home's Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook Annual 2014, p1-25
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.
Reviews for Sour Cream Pumpkin Pie
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review