Sour Cream-Pumpkin Coffee Cake Recipe
A spiced pumpkin filling is the sweet surprise inside this tender cake. It’s sure to steal the spotlight at a breakfast or brunch.
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
- 1/3 cup cold butter
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- 1 can (15 ounces) solid-pack pumpkin
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1. Preheat oven to 325°. In a small bowl, combine brown sugar, flour and pumpkin pie spice. Cut in butter until crumbly. Stir in pecans; set aside.
- 2. In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in eggs, one at a time. Stir in vanilla. Combine flour, baking powder and baking soda; add to creamed mixture alternately with sour cream.
- 3. Spread half of batter into a greased 13x9-in. baking dish. Sprinkle with half of the streusel. Combine pumpkin, egg, sugar and pumpkin pie spice; drop by tablespoonfuls over streusel and spread evenly. Top with remaining batter. Sprinkle with remaining streusel.
- 4. Bake 45-50 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool on a wire rack. Yield: 15 servings.
1 piece equals 386 calories, 20 g fat (9 g saturated fat), 94 mg cholesterol, 214 mg sodium, 47 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 5 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC