Sour Cream Pumpkin Cake Recipe
- 2/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 1-1/4 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground allspice
- 2-1/2 teaspoons cold butter
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 2 cups sugar
- 4 large eggs
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- 1 cup canned pumpkin
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 3 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1-1/2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 2 tablespoons orange juice
- 1. In a small bowl, combine the brown sugar, cinnamon and allspice. Cut in butter until crumbly; set aside.
- 2. In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in the sour cream, pumpkin and vanilla. Combine the flour, cinnamon, baking soda and salt; gradually add to creamed mixture.
- 3. Pour half of the batter into a greased 10-in. fluted tube pan. Sprinkle with reserved crumb mixture; top with remaining batter. Bake at 350° for 50-55 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean.
- 4. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack to cool completely. Combine glaze ingredients; drizzle over cooled cake. Yield: 12 servings.
1 slice equals 564 calories, 21 g fat (13 g saturated fat), 126 mg cholesterol, 556 mg sodium, 87 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 7 g protein.
Reviews for Sour Cream Pumpkin Cake
"Awesome cake - very moist and delicious! I didn't make the glaze but plan to serve it with a caramel sauce instead."
"Turned out moist & full of flavor. The streusel inside the cake is heavenly!"
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.