- 2/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 1-1/4 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground allspice
- 2-1/2 teaspoons cold butter
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 2 cups sugar
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- 1 cup canned pumpkin
- 2 teaspoons McCormick® Pure Vanilla Extract
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 3 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1-1/2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 2 tablespoons orange juice
- In a small bowl, combine the brown sugar, cinnamon and allspice. Cut in butter until crumbly; set aside.
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in the sour cream, pumpkin and vanilla. Combine the flour, cinnamon, baking soda and salt; gradually add to creamed mixture.
- Pour half of the batter into a greased 10-in. fluted tube pan. Sprinkle with reserved crumb mixture; top with remaining batter. Bake at 350° for 50-55 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean.
- Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack to cool completely. Combine glaze ingredients; drizzle over cooled cake. Yield: 12 servings.
Originally published as Sour Cream Pumpkin Cake in Taste of Home Christmas Annual Annual 2012, p152
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.
Reviews for Sour Cream Pumpkin Cake
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review