Sour Cream Pound Cake Recipe
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 3 cups sugar
- 6 eggs
- 3 cups King Arthur Unbleached All-Purpose Flour
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- Confectioners' sugar, optional
- In a bowl, cream butter. Gradually beat in sugar until light and fluffy, about 5-7 minutes. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Combine flour, baking soda and salt; add to creamed mixture alternately with sour cream and vanilla. Beat on low just until blended. Pour into a greased and floured 10-in. tube pan. Bake at 325° for 1 hour and 25 minutes or until cake tests done. Cool in pan 15 minutes before removing to a wire rack to cool completely. Sprinkle with confectioners' sugar if desired. Yield: 20 servings.
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.
Reviews for Sour Cream Pound Cake(45)
Sort By :
While I found this to be a standard pound cake in both technique and flavor, I must admit, I liked it a lot. It has a little more sugar than the average , maybe that is the reason for the crisper crust, which is what I liked best about this cake!!
My sister sent me this pound cake in a loaf pan over 30 years ago and it has been a family favorite ever since. I can't count the number of times I've been asked for the recipe. One difference - the egg whites are beaten to soft peaks and folded into the batter at the end.
My first homemade cake. It turned out perfect, it taste as good as it looked! Will make again...
Cake was very, very good. Everyone liked it. I made it 3 times in a week because I gave some away. I added nuts to it the last two times, that even made it better.
My new favorite!, I cut back on the sugar, perfect desert for company.
More Recipe Collections
- Comfort Food Recipes >
- Country Woman Desserts >
- Country Woman Recipes >
- Desserts >
- Potluck Desserts >