Sour Cream Pound Cake Recipe
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 3 cups sugar
- 6 eggs
- 3 cups King Arthur Unbleached All-Purpose Flour
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- Confectioners' sugar, optional
- In a bowl, cream butter. Gradually beat in sugar until light and fluffy, about 5-7 minutes. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Combine flour, baking soda and salt; add to creamed mixture alternately with sour cream and vanilla. Beat on low just until blended. Pour into a greased and floured 10-in. tube pan. Bake at 325° for 1 hour and 25 minutes or until cake tests done. Cool in pan 15 minutes before removing to a wire rack to cool completely. Sprinkle with confectioners' sugar if desired. Yield: 20 servings.
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.
Reviews for Sour Cream Pound Cake(31)
Sort By :
Great recipe. I melted 4 squares of semi sweet chocolate with 1/4 c of coffee and added to 1/2 of batter. Placed plain batter in pan first and added chocolate batter on top next. Great chocolate twist to this cake.
Love love love. ....
Awesome made this today..follow ingredients inst exactly and you will make a mouth watering cake.
Made this cake for Mother's Day! Really good pound cake. Just because I like icing, I drizzled the cake with orange icing, but it is delicious without it. Thank you for sharing.
This cake is easy and delicious! I make it for family and friends.
More Recipe Collections
- Comfort Food Recipes >
- Country Woman Desserts >
- Country Woman Recipes >
- Desserts >
- Potluck Desserts >