This special soup is a true family favorite. I received the recipe from my sister and then passed it on to my daughters. It's perfect served with leftover ham.
- 2 cups water
- 2 chicken bouillon cubes
- 3 cups cubed peeled potatoes
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced celery
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 2 cups milk, divided
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 1 tablespoon chopped chives
- In a 3-qt. saucepan over medium heat, combine water, bouillon, potatoes, onion, celery, salt and pepper; bring to a boil. Reduce heat cover and simmer for 15-20 minutes or until potatoes are tender. Add 1-3/4 cups milk. Combine flour with remaining milk; stir to form a smooth paste. Add to soup, stirring constantly. Bring to a boil; boil and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened and bubbly. Add a small amount of hot liquid to sour cream; stir to mix. Gradually add to soup, stirring constantly; heat through but do not boil. Add parsley and chives just before serving. Yield: 4-6 servings.
Originally published as Chunky Potato Soup in Home-Style Soups, Salad and Sandwiches Cookbook 1996, p31
Reviews for Sour Cream Potato Soup
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review