Sour Cream Potato Soup Recipe
- 2 cups water
- 2 chicken bouillon cubes
- 3 cups cubed peeled potatoes
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced celery
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 2 cups milk, divided
- 2 tablespoons King Arthur Unbleached All-Purpose Flour
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 1 tablespoon chopped chives
- In a 3-qt. saucepan over medium heat, combine water, bouillon, potatoes, onion, celery, salt and pepper; bring to a boil. Reduce heat cover and simmer for 15-20 minutes or until potatoes are tender. Add 1-3/4 cups milk. Combine flour with remaining milk; stir to form a smooth paste. Add to soup, stirring constantly. Bring to a boil; boil and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened and bubbly. Add a small amount of hot liquid to sour cream; stir to mix. Gradually add to soup, stirring constantly; heat through but do not boil. Add parsley and chives just before serving. Yield: 4-6 servings.
Reviews for Sour Cream Potato Soup(12)
Sort By :
I made this soup on a cold winter weekend, and it was delicious. I made two changes to the recipe. I used 2 cups of chicken broth (instead of the water & chicken bouillon) and swapped out the sour cream for 2 ounces of Velveeta. Even my picky son liked it! This is a recipe I will definitely make again!
Very tasty! I added some chopped carrots.
I added broccoli, garlic, leeks and carrots. Once it was all cooked I pureed before adding the milk. I used some heavy cream in place of some of the milk because I had it on hand and wanted to use it up. I served it with sour cream and diced cooked bacon. It was excellent! My family loved it!
Perfect as written -- the best potato soup ever!
A variation to this wonderful soup, is to clean & snap fresh gr. beans (1-1 1/2 lbs); cover w/water; when done continue w/ recipe as written. If any water evaporated from beans, just add to to make 2 c. This is my mother's recipe. Now I make for my grandchildren. They love it!!