Sour Cream Potato Salad Recipe
Italian dressing and horseradish make this creamy potato salad different from most, plus those ingredients really add some zip! It’s perfect for picnics or potlucks.
- 2 pounds medium red potatoes
- 1/2 cup Italian salad dressing
- 4 hard-cooked eggs
- 3/4 cup sliced celery
- 1/3 cup thinly sliced green onions
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1-1/2 teaspoons prepared horseradish
- 1-1/2 teaspoons prepared mustard
- 1-1/2 teaspoons celery seed
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1. Place potatoes in a large saucepan and cover with water. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and cook for 15-20 minutes or until tender. Drain.
- 2. When cool enough to handle, peel and slice potatoes. Place in a large bowl; add salad dressing and toss gently. Cover and refrigerate for 2 hours.
- 3. Slice eggs in half; remove yolks and set aside. Chop egg whites; add to potatoes with celery and onions.
- 4. In a small bowl, combine the mayonnaise, sour cream, horseradish, mustard, celery seed and salt. Crumble egg yolks; add to mayonnaise mixture and whisk until blended. Spoon over potatoes; toss gently to coat. Cover and refrigerate for at least 2 hours before serving. Yield: 8 servings.
1 serving (3/4 cup) equals 410 calories, 33 g fat (6 g saturated fat), 126 mg cholesterol, 694 mg sodium, 21 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 6 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC