Sour Cream Potato Salad Recipe
Italian dressing and horseradish make this creamy potato salad different from most, plus those ingredients really add some zip! It’s perfect for picnics or potlucks.
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 20 min. Cook: 25 min. + chilling YIELD:8 servings
- 2 pounds medium red potatoes
- 1/2 cup Italian salad dressing
- 4 hard-cooked eggs
- 3/4 cup sliced celery
- 1/3 cup thinly sliced green onions
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1-1/2 teaspoons prepared horseradish
- 1-1/2 teaspoons prepared mustard
- 1-1/2 teaspoons celery seed
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1. Place potatoes in a large saucepan and cover with water. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and cook for 15-20 minutes or until tender. Drain.
- 2. When cool enough to handle, peel and slice potatoes. Place in a large bowl; add salad dressing and toss gently. Cover and refrigerate for 2 hours.
- 3. Slice eggs in half; remove yolks and set aside. Chop egg whites; add to potatoes with celery and onions.
- 4. In a small bowl, combine the mayonnaise, sour cream, horseradish, mustard, celery seed and salt. Crumble egg yolks; add to mayonnaise mixture and whisk until blended. Spoon over potatoes; toss gently to coat. Cover and refrigerate for at least 2 hours before serving. Yield: 8 servings.
1 serving (3/4 cup) equals 410 calories, 33 g fat (6 g saturated fat), 126 mg cholesterol, 694 mg sodium, 21 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 6 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC