Sour Cream Potato Rolls Recipe
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup water (70° to 80°)
- 1/2 cup mashed potatoes (with added milk and butter)
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/8 teaspoon ground mace
- 3 cups bread flour
- 3 teaspoons active dry yeast
- 1. In bread machine pan, place all ingredients in order suggested by manufacturer. Select dough setting (check dough after 5 minutes of mixing; add 1 to 2 tablespoons of water or flour if needed).
- 2. When cycle is completed, turn dough onto a lightly floured surface. Punch dough down. Divide into 18 portions; roll each into a ball. Place on greased baking sheets. Cover and let rise in a warm place until doubled, about 30 minutes.
- 3. Bake at 375° for 10-15 minutes or until golden brown. Serve warm. Yield: 1-1/2 dozen.
1 each: 116 calories, 4g fat (3g saturated fat), 12mg cholesterol, 213mg sodium, 18g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 1g fiber), 3g protein
Reviews for Sour Cream Potato Rolls
"I haven't made these yet but have a question. Has anyone made these with sweet potatoes? Thanks"
"These rolls are as light as a cloud...we loved them!!! I had some left over ranch dip from a party and used that in place of regular sour cream. OMG they were wonderful."
"These are the best rolls. When we have mashed potatoes I always make sure we have some left over so we can have these yummy rolls. Everyone in my family loves them."
"How will you be able to tell if water or flour is needed?"