Sour Cream Potato Rolls Recipe
Carol Giesbrecht from Kitchener, Ontario uses leftover mashed potatoes and mace in the dough for these tender rolls. "They've been a favorite in my family for years," she say. "They're delicious warm with butter and peach jam."
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup water (70° to 80°)
- 1/2 cup mashed potatoes (with added milk and butter)
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/8 teaspoon ground mace
- 3 cups bread flour
- 3 teaspoons active dry yeast
- 1. In bread machine pan, place all ingredients in order suggested by manufacturer. Select dough setting (check dough after 5 minutes of mixing; add 1 to 2 tablespoons of water or flour if needed).
- 2. When cycle is completed, turn dough onto a lightly floured surface. Punch dough down. Divide into 18 portions; roll each into a ball. Place on greased baking sheets. Cover and let rise in a warm place until doubled, about 30 minutes.
- 3. Bake at 375° for 10-15 minutes or until golden brown. Serve warm. Yield: 1-1/2 dozen.
1 serving (1 each) equals 116 calories, 4 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 12 mg cholesterol, 213 mg sodium, 18 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 3 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC