Sour Cream Poppy Seed Muffins Recipe
- 3/4 cup biscuit/baking mix
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1-1/2 teaspoons poppy seeds
- 1 egg
- 1/3 cup sour cream
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the biscuit mix, sugar and poppy seeds. In another bowl, whisk the egg, sour cream and vanilla; stir into dry ingredients just until moistened. Fill greased or paper-lined muffin cups two-thirds full.
- 2. Bake at 400° for 15-20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 5 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack. Serve warm. Yield: 6 muffins.
1 each: 137 calories, 6g fat (2g saturated fat), 44mg cholesterol, 206mg sodium, 18g carbohydrate (9g sugars, 0g fiber), 3g protein .
Reviews for Sour Cream Poppy Seed Muffins
"Quick and easy, and unlike other muffin recipes I've tried, the Bisquik doesn't make them taste biscuity. I substituted lemon extract for the vanilla because I like lemon poppyseed muffins."
"Delicious and very quick and easy. I served these with the Summer chicken Salad from the same issue."
"This doesn't happen too often, but these had a very odd taste and I couldn't even eat them. All of my ingredients were fresh so I'm assuming I just don't like the recipe. It seemed easy but unfortunately they will be thrown away."