Sour Cream Poppy Seed Muffins Recipe
- 3/4 cup biscuit/baking mix
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1-1/2 teaspoons poppy seeds
- 1 egg
- 1/3 cup sour cream
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the biscuit mix, sugar and poppy seeds. In another bowl, whisk the egg, sour cream and vanilla; stir into dry ingredients just until moistened. Fill greased or paper-lined muffin cups two-thirds full.
- 2. Bake at 400° for 15-20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 5 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack. Serve warm. Yield: 6 muffins.
1 each: 137 calories, 6g fat (2g saturated fat), 44mg cholesterol, 206mg sodium, 18g carbohydrate (9g sugars, trace fiber), 3g protein
Reviews for Sour Cream Poppy Seed Muffins
"Quick and easy, and unlike other muffin recipes I've tried, the Bisquik doesn't make them taste biscuity. I substituted lemon extract for the vanilla because I like lemon poppyseed muffins."
"Delicious and very quick and easy. I served these with the Summer Chicken Salad from the same issue."
"This doesn't happen too often, but these had a very odd taste and I couldn't even eat them. All of my ingredients were fresh so I'm assuming I just don't like the recipe. It seemed easy but unfortunately they will be thrown away."