Sour Cream Poppy Seed Muffins
Sour cream adds a mild tang to these tender, golden poppy seed muffins submitted by Nancy Register of Raleigh, North Carolina. “My daughter fell in love with these muffins when my sister made them for her.”
6 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 3/4 cup biscuit/baking mix
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1-1/2 teaspoons poppy seeds
- 1 egg
- 1/3 cup sour cream
- 1/2 teaspoon McCormick® Pure Vanilla Extract
- In a large bowl, combine the biscuit mix, sugar and poppy seeds. In
- another bowl, whisk the egg, sour cream and vanilla; stir into dry
- ingredients just until moistened. Fill greased or paper-lined muffin
- cups two-thirds full.
- Bake at 400° for 15-20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near
- the center comes out clean. Cool for 5 minutes before removing from
- pan to a wire rack. Serve warm. Yield: 6 muffins.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 137 calories, 6 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 44 mg cholesterol, 206 mg sodium, 18 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 3 g protein.