Sour cream adds a mild tang to these tender, golden poppy seed muffins submitted by Nancy Register of Raleigh, North Carolina. “My daughter fell in love with these muffins when my sister made them for her.”
Recommended: 60 Muffin Recipes Worth Waking Up For
- 3/4 cup biscuit/baking mix
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1-1/2 teaspoons poppy seeds
- 1 egg
- 1/3 cup sour cream
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- In a large bowl, combine the biscuit mix, sugar and poppy seeds. In another bowl, whisk the egg, sour cream and vanilla; stir into dry ingredients just until moistened. Fill greased or paper-lined muffin cups two-thirds full.
- Bake at 400° for 15-20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 5 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack. Serve warm. Yield: 6 muffins.
Originally published as Poppy Seed Muffins in Taste of Home June/July 2006, p59
Reviews for Sour Cream Poppy Seed Muffins
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Jan. 13, 2010
"This doesn't happen too often, but these had a very odd taste and I couldn't even eat them. All of my ingredients were fresh so I'm assuming I just don't like the recipe. It seemed easy but unfortunately they will be thrown away."