Sour Cream Plum Pie Recipe
- Pastry for single-crust pie (9 inches)
- 2 cans (15 ounces each) pitted plums, drained
- 2 egg yolks, beaten
- 2 cups (16 ounces) sour cream
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1. Line a 9-in. pie plate with pastry; flute edges. Line pastry shell with a double thickness of heavy-duty foil. Bake at 450° for 5 minutes. Remove foil; bake 5 minutes longer. Cool on a wire rack. Reduce heat to 350°.
- 2. Halve and pit the plums; pat dry with paper towels. Arrange cut side up in crust. In a large bowl, combine egg yolks, sour cream, sugar and vanilla; pour over plums. Cover edges of pastry loosely with foil. Bake for 40-45 minutes or until set. Cool on a wire rack. Yield: 6-8 servings.
1 piece: 335 calories, 18g fat (10g saturated fat), 98mg cholesterol, 132mg sodium, 36g carbohydrate (22g sugars, 1g fiber), 4g protein.
Reviews for Sour Cream Plum Pie
"I love plums and I love sour cream. It's a match made in heaven.Making it today.Thanks for the recipe."