Sour Cream Plum Pie
Here's a light custard pie that's one of my "oldies but goodies." It couldn't be much simpler to whip up and makes a refreshing and special finale to any holiday meal.
6-8 ServingsPrep: 15 min. Bake: 50 min.
- Pastry for single-crust pie (9 inches)
- 2 cans (15 ounces each) pitted plums, drained
- 2 egg yolks, beaten
- 2 cups (16 ounces) sour cream
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon McCormick® Pure Vanilla Extract
- Line a 9-in. pie plate with pastry; flute edges. Line pastry shell
- with a double thickness of heavy-duty foil. Bake at 450° for 5
- minutes. Remove foil; bake 5 minutes longer. Cool on a wire rack.
- Reduce heat to 350°.
- Halve and pit the plums; pat dry with paper towels. Arrange cut side
- up in crust. In a large bowl, combine egg yolks, sour cream, sugar
- and vanilla; pour over plums. Cover edges of pastry loosely with
- foil. Bake for 40-45 minutes or until set. Cool on a wire rack.
- Yield: 6-8 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 piece) equals 335 calories, 18 g fat (10 g saturated fat), 98 mg cholesterol, 132 mg sodium, 36 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 4 g protein.
Wine: Sweet White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.