Sour Cream Plum Pie Recipe
- Pastry for single-crust pie (9 inches)
- 2 cans (15 ounces each) pitted plums, drained
- 2 egg yolks, beaten
- 2 cups (16 ounces) sour cream
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1. Line a 9-in. pie plate with pastry; flute edges. Line pastry shell with a double thickness of heavy-duty foil. Bake at 450° for 5 minutes. Remove foil; bake 5 minutes longer. Cool on a wire rack. Reduce heat to 350°.
- 2. Halve and pit the plums; pat dry with paper towels. Arrange cut side up in crust. In a large bowl, combine egg yolks, sour cream, sugar and vanilla; pour over plums. Cover edges of pastry loosely with foil. Bake for 40-45 minutes or until set. Cool on a wire rack. Yield: 6-8 servings.
1 serving (1 piece) equals 335 calories, 18 g fat (10 g saturated fat), 98 mg cholesterol, 132 mg sodium, 36 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 4 g protein.
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.