Here's a light custard pie that's one of my "oldies but goodies." It couldn't be much simpler to whip up and makes a refreshing and special finale to any holiday meal.
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- Pastry for single-crust pie (9 inches)
- 2 cans (15 ounces each) pitted plums, drained
- 2 egg yolks, beaten
- 2 cups (16 ounces) sour cream
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Line a 9-in. pie plate with pastry; flute edges. Line pastry shell with a double thickness of heavy-duty foil. Bake at 450° for 5 minutes. Remove foil; bake 5 minutes longer. Cool on a wire rack. Reduce heat to 350°.
- Halve and pit the plums; pat dry with paper towels. Arrange cut side up in crust. In a large bowl, combine egg yolks, sour cream, sugar and vanilla; pour over plums. Cover edges of pastry loosely with foil. Bake for 40-45 minutes or until set. Cool on a wire rack. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Originally published as Sour Cream Plum Pie in Country Woman Christmas Annual 2005, p33
Reviews forSour Cream Plum Pie
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Mar. 14, 2015
"I love plums and I love sour cream. It's a match made in heaven.Making it today.Thanks for the recipe."