Sour Cream Peanut Fudge Recipe
- 4 cups sugar
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- 2/3 cup light corn syrup
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup chopped peanuts
- 2/3 cup peanut butter
- 1. In a large saucepan, combine the first five ingredients; bring to a boil. Cover and simmer for 5 minutes.
- 2. Uncover; cook over medium-high heat until a candy thermometer reads 238° (soft-ball stage). Remove from the heat; stir in vanilla. Let stand, without stirring, for 15 minutes.
- 3. Add peanuts and peanut butter. With a wooden spoon, beat until thick and creamy, about 10 minutes. Transfer to a buttered 13-in. x 9-in. pan. Cool; cut into squares. Store in the refrigerator. Yield: 3 pounds.
1 serving (1 each) equals 55 calories, 2 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 2 mg cholesterol, 29 mg sodium, 9 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 1 g protein.
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.