Sour Cream Peanut Fudge Recipe
With both peanuts and peanut butter, this fancy fudge will delight nut lovers and sweet tooths alike. "Since my favorite variety won't crumble and stays surprisingly soft, it's ideal for either get-togethers or gifts," Mrs. Edward Stacy of Lexington, Kentucky describes. "The sour cream makes the difference."
- 4 cups sugar
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- 2/3 cup light corn syrup
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup chopped peanuts
- 2/3 cup peanut butter
- 1. In a large saucepan, combine the first five ingredients; bring to a boil. Cover and simmer for 5 minutes.
- 2. Uncover; cook over medium-high heat until a candy thermometer reads 238° (soft-ball stage). Remove from the heat; stir in vanilla. Let stand, without stirring, for 15 minutes.
- 3. Add peanuts and peanut butter. With a wooden spoon, beat until thick and creamy, about 10 minutes. Transfer to a buttered 13-in. x 9-in. pan. Cool; cut into squares. Store in the refrigerator. Yield: 3 pounds.
1 each: 55 calories, 2g fat (1g saturated fat), 2mg cholesterol, 29mg sodium, 9g carbohydrate (8g sugars, 0 fiber), 1g protein.
Reviews for Sour Cream Peanut Fudge
© 2017 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC