With both peanuts and peanut butter, this fancy fudge will delight nut lovers and sweet tooths alike. "Since my favorite variety won't crumble and stays surprisingly soft, it's ideal for either get-togethers or gifts," Mrs. Edward Stacy of Lexington, Kentucky describes. "The sour cream makes the difference."
Recommended: 17 Make-Ahead Christmas Cookies
- 4 cups sugar
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- 2/3 cup light corn syrup
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup chopped peanuts
- 2/3 cup peanut butter
- In a large saucepan, combine the first five ingredients; bring to a boil. Cover and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Uncover; cook over medium-high heat until a candy thermometer reads 238° (soft-ball stage). Remove from the heat; stir in vanilla. Let stand, without stirring, for 15 minutes.
- Add peanuts and peanut butter. With a wooden spoon, beat until thick and creamy, about 10 minutes. Transfer to a buttered 13-in. x 9-in. pan. Cool; cut into squares. Store in the refrigerator. Yield: 3 pounds.
Originally published as Sour Cream Peanut Fudge in Country Woman November/December 1999, p28
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.
Reviews for Sour Cream Peanut Fudge
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review