- Pastry for single-crust pie (9 inches)
- 4 cups sliced peeled peaches
- 2 tablespoons peach preserves
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- 3 egg yolks
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon McCormick® Pure Vanilla Extract
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons chopped pecans
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 cup cold butter, cubed
- Line a 9-in. pie plate with pastry; trim and flute edges. In a large bowl, combine peaches and preserves. Transfer to pastry shell. In a small bowl, whisk the sugar, sour cream, egg yolks, flour and vanilla. Pour over peaches.
- Bake at 425° for 30 minutes. Meanwhile, in a small bowl, combine the flour, sugars, pecans and cinnamon. Cut in butter until crumbly; sprinkle over pie.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes or until a knife inserted in the center comes out clean and topping is golden brown. Cover edges with foil during the last 15 minutes to prevent overbrowning if necessary. Cool completely on a wire rack for 3 hours before serving. Store in the refrigerator. Yield: 8 servings.
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.
Reviews for Sour Cream Peach Pecan Pie
Sort By :
"Great peach pie recipe. I cut back on the sugar and used rolled oats instead of pecans but otherwise followed as written. My family loved this rich and creamy peach pie very much. Definitely I will make this again ."
"Simple and easy but absolutely delicious."
"Easy to make and fabulous tasting!"
"I was a pastry chef at a 4 star hotel and I made this pie all the time. I called it "The World's Best Peach Pie"."
"Words can not describe the taste of this pie - amazing and worth the 500 calories per slice! If you want to knock someones socks off with a very special dessert this is it. I baked the pie using a regular lard (tenderflake) crust."