- Pastry for single-crust pie (9 inches)
- 4 cups sliced peeled peaches
- 2 tablespoons peach preserves
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- 3 large egg yolks
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons chopped pecans
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 cup cold butter, cubed
- Line a 9-in. pie plate with pastry; trim and flute edge. In a large bowl, combine peaches and preserves. Transfer to pastry shell. In a small bowl, whisk the sugar, sour cream, egg yolks, flour and vanilla. Pour over peaches.
- Bake at 425° for 30 minutes. Meanwhile, in a small bowl, combine the flour, sugars, pecans and cinnamon. Cut in butter until crumbly; sprinkle over pie.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes or until a knife inserted in the center comes out clean and topping is golden brown. Cover edge with foil during the last 15 minutes to prevent overbrowning if necessary. Cool completely on a wire rack for 3 hours before serving. Store in the refrigerator. Yield: 8 servings.
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.
Reviews for Sour Cream Peach Pecan Pie
"I was not really thrilled with the pie. I thought the topping was way too much."
"This turned out delicious. I was worried about it not setting up so I used corn starch in the filling instead of flour. I topping got a little brown so next time I will cover it with foil after the first 10 min. I will definitely make this again"
"As I always do when I use cream cheese, I added sour cream. Instead of the butter, I used Crisco substitute butter and the pie was absolutely delicious."
"Simple and easy but absolutely delicious."
"easy to make and fabulous tasting!"
"This pie was amazing! I didn't have any peach preserves so I added apricot preserve instead. I didn't have any pecans either instead I added slivered almonds instead."