For an old-fashioned treat, there's nothing that beats my mom's peach kuchen. With a melt-in-your-mouth crust and a lightly sweet filling, this dessert is perfect after a big meal. —Cathy Eland Hightstown, New Jersey
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1-1/4 cups sugar, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup cold butter, cubed
- 2 cans (29 ounces each) sliced peaches, drained or 13 small peaches, peeled and sliced
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 4 egg yolks
- 2 cups (16 ounces) sour cream
- 2 to 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, 1/4 cup sugar, baking powder and salt; cut in butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Press onto the bottom and 1 in. up the sides of a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish.
- Arrange peaches over crust. Combine cinnamon and remaining sugar; sprinkle over peaches. Bake at 400° for 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl, combine egg yolks and sour cream. Spread evenly over peaches. Combine sugar and cinnamon; sprinkle over top.
- Bake 30-35 minutes longer or until set. Serve warm or cold. Store leftovers in the refrigerator. Yield: 12 servings.
Originally published as Sour Cream Peach Kuchen in Taste of Home February/March 2001, p35
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.
Reviews for Sour Cream Peach Kuchen
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review