Sour Cream Noodles
This fast and flavorful dish is much requested at my house, where it will be a mainstay for years to come. I think noodles and sour cream make the perfect pair.—Judy Robertson, Russell Springs, Kentucky
8 ServingsPrep: 20 min. Bake: 35 min.
- 1 package (10 ounces) fine egg noodles
- 1-1/4 cups 4% cottage cheese
- 1-1/4 cups sour cream
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic salt
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- Paprika, optional
- Cook noodles according to package directions; drain. Transfer to a
- large bowl. Add the cottage cheese, sour cream, onion, Worcestershire
- sauce and garlic salt. Spoon into a greased 2-qt. baking dish.
- Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 35-40 minutes or until top is
- lightly browned. Sprinkle with paprika if desired. Yield: 8
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (3/4 cup) equals 262 calories, 10 g fat (6 g saturated fat), 67 mg cholesterol, 224 mg sodium, 30 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 11 g protein.