Sour Cream Meatballs Recipe
- 1/4 cup dry bread crumbs
- 1/2 cup grated peeled potato
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons beaten egg
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper, divided
- 1/2 pound ground beef
- 3/4 cup water
- 2/3 cup condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/3 cup canned mushroom stems and pieces, drained
- 4-1/2 teaspoons onion soup mix
- Hot cooked egg noodles, optional
- 1. In a small bowl, combine the bread crumbs, potato, onion, egg, garlic powder and 1/8 teaspoon pepper. Crumble beef over mixture and mix well.
- 2. Shape into 1-1/2-in. balls. Place in a shallow 1-qt. baking dish coated with cooking spray. In a small bowl, combine the water, soup, sour cream, mushrooms, soup mix and remaining pepper; pour over meatballs.
- 3. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 30-40 minutes or until meat is no longer pink. Serve with noodles if desired. Yield: 2 servings.
8 meatballs with 3/4 cup sauce (prepared with reduced-sodium soup mix, reduced-fat reduced-sodium soup and reduced-fat sour cream; calculated without noodles) equals 296 calories, 13 g fat (6 g saturated fat), 135 mg cholesterol, 1,050 mg sodium, 22 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 22 g protein.