You’ll enjoy these tender meatballs draped in a creamy mushroom gravy. “I came across this recipe about 20 years ago at a church function,” says Darlene Komant of Ardrossan, Alberta.
- 1/4 cup dry bread crumbs
- 1/2 cup grated peeled potato
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons beaten egg
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper, divided
- 1/2 pound lean ground beef
- 3/4 cup water
- 2/3 cup condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/3 cup canned mushroom stems and pieces, drained
- 4-1/2 teaspoons onion soup mix
- Hot cooked egg noodles, optional
- In a small bowl, combine the bread crumbs, potato, onion, egg, garlic powder and 1/8 teaspoon pepper. Crumble beef over mixture and mix well.
- Shape into 1-1/2-in. balls. Place in a shallow 1-qt. baking dish coated with cooking spray. In a small bowl, combine the water, soup, sour cream, mushrooms, soup mix and remaining pepper; pour over meatballs.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 30-40 minutes or until meat is no longer pink. Serve with noodles if desired. Yield: 2 servings.
Originally published as Sour Cream Meatballs in Cooking for 2 Winter 2008, p54
Reviews for Sour Cream Meatballs
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review