Sour Cream Meatballs Recipe
You’ll enjoy these tender meatballs draped in a creamy mushroom gravy. “I came across this recipe about 20 years ago at a church function,” says Darlene Komant of Ardrossan, Alberta.
- 1/4 cup dry bread crumbs
- 1/2 cup grated peeled potato
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons beaten Eggland's Best Egg
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper, divided
- 1/2 pound lean ground beef
- 3/4 cup water
- 2/3 cup condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/3 cup canned mushroom stems and pieces, drained
- 4-1/2 teaspoons onion soup mix
- Hot cooked egg noodles, optional
- In a small bowl, combine the bread crumbs, potato, onion, egg, garlic powder and 1/8 teaspoon pepper. Crumble beef over mixture and mix well.
- Shape into 1-1/2-in. balls. Place in a shallow 1-qt. baking dish coated with cooking spray. In a small bowl, combine the water, soup, sour cream, mushrooms, soup mix and remaining pepper; pour over meatballs.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 30-40 minutes or until meat is no longer pink. Serve with noodles if desired. Yield: 2 servings.
Originally published as Sour Cream Meatballs in Cooking for 2 Winter 2008, p54
Reviews for Sour Cream Meatballs(1)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Dec. 31, 2010
Provided enough for two meals for my wife and I. It is in our recipe box so we can make it again. Very easy to make.
More Recipe Collections
- Baked Pasta >
- Baked Potatoes >
- Beef Main Dishes >
- Beef Recipes >
- Comfort Food Dinner Recipes >
- Comfort Food Recipes >
- Cooking For Two >
- Cooking For Two Magazine >
- Cooking For Two Recipes >
- Dinner for Two >
- Dinner For Two Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >