Sour Cream Mashed Potatoes Recipe
- 2 pounds red potatoes, quartered
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- Place potatoes in a large saucepan and cover with water. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 15-20 minutes or until tender.
- Drain and transfer to a large bowl. Add the remaining ingredients; mash until blended. Yield: 5 servings.
Reviews for Sour Cream Mashed Potatoes(5)
Sort By :
Easiest recipe and best potatoes. My 5 adult kids and husband loved them.
I really liked these, but it had too much garlic (and I like garlic); next time, I might start with 1/4 teaspoon of garlic powder and see how that does.
I used russet potatoes and omitted the parsley. This is now one of my favorite potato recipes.
I made this recipe for my boyfriend who loved it. It was a great way to get rid of sour cream I had around the house. The best part is, I had all the ingredients on hand. I was worried about the taste with out butter or milk but the sour cream really filled the gap for that. As an FYI I used yellow potatoes, and 2 lbs of potatoes is about 4-6 potatoes.
Tasted delicious and very easy to make.
More Recipe Collections
- Christmas Recipes >
- Christmas Side Dishes >
- Comfort Food Recipes >
- Comfort Food Side Dishes >
- Comfort Food Vegetarian Recipes >
- Diabetic Recipes >
- Diabetic Side Dishes >
- Easter Recipes >
- Easter Side Dishes >
- Low Fat Recipes >
- Low Fat Side Dishes >
- Mashed Potato Recipes >
- Potato Recipes >
- Potato Side Dishes >
- Side Dish Recipes >
- Simple Quick Recipes >