- 2 pounds red potatoes, quartered
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- Place potatoes in a large saucepan and cover with water. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 15-20 minutes or until tender.
- Drain and transfer to a large bowl. Add the remaining ingredients; mash until blended. Yield: 5 servings.
Reviews for Sour Cream Mashed Potatoes
Sort By :
First time making mashed potatoes , these turned out to be pretty good. I gave the recipe a four star because I added a green onion and I thought it called for too much garlic powder. Next time I'll use half the amount if garlic powder. Other than that, the mashed potatoes was pretty good.
Easiest recipe and best potatoes. My 5 adult kids and husband loved them.
I really liked these, but it had too much garlic (and I like garlic); next time, I might start with 1/4 teaspoon of garlic powder and see how that does.
I used russet potatoes and omitted the parsley. This is now one of my favorite potato recipes.
I made this recipe for my boyfriend who loved it. It was a great way to get rid of sour cream I had around the house. The best part is, I had all the ingredients on hand. I was worried about the taste with out butter or milk but the sour cream really filled the gap for that. As an FYI I used yellow potatoes, and 2 lbs of potatoes is about 4-6 potatoes.