Sour Cream Macaroni Salad Recipe
- 1 package (8 ounces) elbow macaroni
- 3/4 cup diced green pepper
- 1/3 cup sweet pickle relish
- 1 jar (2 ounces) diced pimientos, drained
- 1 tablespoon grated onion
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1/2 teaspoon salt or salt-free seasoning blend
- Pepper to taste
- 1. Cook macaroni according to package directions; rinse in cold water and drain. Place in a large bowl; add green pepper, pickle relish, pimientos and onion. In a small bowl, combine the remaining ingredients; mix well. pour over macaroni mixture and toss to coat. Cover and refrigerate until serving. Yield: 6 servings.
One 1/2-cup serving (prepared with fat-free mayonnaise, reduced-fat sour cream, fat-free milk and salt-free seasoning blend) equals 138 calories, 2 g fat (0 saturated fat), 5 mg cholesterol, 198 mg sodium, 26 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 4 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1-1/2 starch, 1/2 fat.