"This make-ahead macaroni salad never fails to stay moist," says Rita Morris of Gastonia, North Carolina. "I double the recipe for potluck dinners."
- 1 package (8 ounces) elbow macaroni
- 3/4 cup diced green pepper
- 1/3 cup sweet pickle relish
- 1 jar (2 ounces) diced pimientos, drained
- 1 tablespoon grated onion
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1/2 teaspoon salt or salt-free seasoning blend
- Pepper to taste
- Cook macaroni according to package directions; rinse in cold water and drain. Place in a large bowl; add green pepper, pickle relish, pimientos and onion. In a small bowl, combine the remaining ingredients; mix well. pour over macaroni mixture and toss to coat. Cover and refrigerate until serving. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Sour Cream Macaroni Salad in Quick Cooking March/April 2000, p53
Reviews for Sour Cream Macaroni Salad
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review