Sour Cream Loaves Recipe
Cinnamon and nutmeg lend just the right amount of flavor to these moist mini loaves from Joyce Lemkuil of Branson, Missouri. "Sometimes I use the batter to make muffins instead," Joyce notes.
- 2/3 cup butter, softened
- 2/3 cup plus 1 tablespoon sugar, divided
- 1 egg
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon, divided
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1. In a large bowl, cream butter and 2/3 cup sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in egg and vanilla. Combine the flour, baking soda, salt, nutmeg and 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon; gradually add to creamed mixture alternately with sour cream.
- 2. Pour into two 5-3/4-in. x 3-in. x 2-in. loaf pans coated with cooking spray. Combine remaining sugar and cinnamon; sprinkle over batter.
- 3. Bake at 350° for 40-45 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pans to a wire rack. Yield: 2 mini loaves (6 slices each).
1 slice equals 221 calories, 12 g fat (8 g saturated fat), 52 mg cholesterol, 264 mg sodium, 25 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 3 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 fat, 1-1/2 starch.
Reviews for Sour Cream Loaves
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC