Sour Cream Loaves
Cinnamon and nutmeg lend just the right amount of flavor to these moist mini loaves from Joyce Lemkuil of Branson, Missouri. "Sometimes I use the batter to make muffins instead," Joyce notes.
12 ServingsPrep: 15 min. Bake: 40 min. + cooling
- 2/3 cup butter, softened
- 2/3 cup plus 1 tablespoon sugar, divided
- 1 egg
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon, divided
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- In a large bowl, cream butter and 2/3 cup sugar until light and
- fluffy. Beat in egg and vanilla. Combine the flour, baking soda,
- salt, nutmeg and 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon; gradually add to creamed
- mixture alternately with sour cream.
- Pour into two 5-3/4-in. x 3-in. x 2-in. loaf pans coated with cooking
- spray. Combine remaining sugar and cinnamon; sprinkle over batter.
- Bake at 350° for 40-45 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near
- the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from
- pans to a wire rack. Yield: 2 mini loaves (6 slices each).
Nutritional Facts: 1 slice equals 221 calories, 12 g fat (8 g saturated fat), 52 mg cholesterol, 264 mg sodium,