- 2/3 cup butter, softened
- 2/3 cup plus 1 tablespoon sugar, divided
- 1 egg
- 1/2 teaspoon McCormick® Pure Vanilla Extract
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon, divided
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- In a large bowl, cream butter and 2/3 cup sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in egg and vanilla. Combine the flour, baking soda, salt, nutmeg and 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon; gradually add to creamed mixture alternately with sour cream.
- Pour into two 5-3/4-in. x 3-in. x 2-in. loaf pans coated with cooking spray. Combine remaining sugar and cinnamon; sprinkle over batter.
- Bake at 350° for 40-45 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pans to a wire rack. Yield: 2 mini loaves (6 slices each).
Originally published as Sour Cream Loaves in Cooking for 2 Spring 2007, p33
Reviews for Sour Cream Loaves
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review