Sour Cream-Lemon Pie Recipe
- Pastry for single-crust pie (9 inches)
- 1 cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons plus 1-1/2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1 cup milk
- 1/2 cup lemon juice
- 3 egg yolks, lightly beaten
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 1 tablespoon grated lemon peel
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream, whipped
- Preheat oven to 450°. On a lightly floured surface, roll dough to a 1/8-in.-thick circle; transfer to a 9-in. pie plate. Trim pastry to 1/2 in. beyond rim of plate; flute edge.
- Line unpricked pastry with a double thickness of foil. Fill with pie weights, dried beans or uncooked rice. Bake 8 minutes or until bottom is lightly browned. Remove foil and weights; bake 5-7 minutes longer or until golden brown. Cool on a wire rack.
- In a large heavy saucepan, mix sugar and cornstarch. Whisk in milk and lemon juice until smooth. Cook and stir over medium-high heat until thickened and bubbly. Reduce heat to low; cook and stir 2 minutes longer. Remove from heat.
- In a small bowl, whisk a small amount of hot mixture into egg yolks; return all to the pan, whisking constantly. Bring to a gentle boil; cook and stir 2 minutes. Remove from heat. Stir in butter and lemon peel. Cool without stirring.
- Stir in sour cream. Add filling to crust. Top with whipped cream. Store in the refrigerator. Yield: 8 servings.
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.
Reviews for Sour Cream-Lemon Pie(22)
Sort By :
We loved this pie. It was creamy with just the right mixture of sweet and tart. I made two changes. I substituted 1/2 cup of maple syrup instead of the sugar, and I added a tsp of cream of tarter to the whipped cream since I wanted it to hold its shape for a couple of days.
Hubby called this pie a "home run" and that was without whipped cream on top. No need for extra calories/fat. Excellent flavor and so easy to make.
I made this pie last night and came out so so i would actually cut back on the amount of lemon juice and not use the lemon zest... it was just to lemonie for my taste buds ... maybe in addition to the sour cream thrown in a tub of cool whip
We found another version of this in a little local grocery store in Lincoln City, OR and I had to search for the recipe so I could make it once I got home. I found this one and knew it would be good, and it didn't disapoint us. This is the best pie EVER!! I have already made one with a homemade cookie crumb crust and it was awesome. I am making it with Trader Joe's pie crust tonight and my husband is already drooling. Make this....it's worth it!!
My husband and I LOVED this. It set up beautifully. Thanks Martha.....thank you SO much.
More Recipe Collections
- Comfort Food Desserts >
- Comfort Food Recipes >
- Country Woman Desserts >
- Country Woman Recipes >
- Cream Pie Recipes >