Sour Cream Lemon Bread Recipe
My family always requests this light, tender bread with a hint of lemon. This loaf is so scrumptious that it complements almost any meal. I serve slices with a creamy lemon spread for an early-morning treat or late-night snack that's simply dreamy. -Barbara Strickler, Syracuse, Indiana
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 to 3 tablespoons warm milk (70° to 80°)
- 2 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1 egg
- 2 teaspoons grated lemon peel
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 cups bread flour
- 1-1/2 teaspoons active dry yeast
- LEMON SPREAD:
- 1 package (3 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon lemon peel
- 1. In a measuring cup, combine sour cream and lemon juice. Add enough milk to measure 1/2 cup. In a bread machine pan, place the sour cream mixture, butter, egg, lemon peel, sugar, salt, baking soda, flour and yeast in order suggested by manufacturer. Select sweet bread setting. Choose crust color and loaf size if available. Bake according to bread machine directions (check dough after 5 minutes of mixing; add 1 to 2 tablespoons of water or flour if needed).
- 2. In a small bowl, combine the spread ingredients; beat until smooth. Serve with the bread. Yield: 1 loaf (1 pound) and about 1/2 cup spread.
1 serving (1 slice) equals 110 calories, 4 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 26 mg cholesterol, 204 mg sodium, 15 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 3 g protein.
Reviews for Sour Cream Lemon Bread
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC