Sour Cream Lemon Bread Recipe
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 to 3 tablespoons warm milk (70° to 80°)
- 2 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1 egg
- 2 teaspoons grated lemon peel
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 cups bread flour
- 1-1/2 teaspoons active dry yeast
- LEMON SPREAD:
- 1 package (3 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon lemon peel
- 1. In a measuring cup, combine sour cream and lemon juice. Add enough milk to measure 1/2 cup. In a bread machine pan, place the sour cream mixture, butter, egg, lemon peel, sugar, salt, baking soda, flour and yeast in order suggested by manufacturer. Select sweet bread setting. Choose crust color and loaf size if available. Bake according to bread machine directions (check dough after 5 minutes of mixing; add 1 to 2 tablespoons of water or flour if needed).
- 2. In a small bowl, combine the spread ingredients; beat until smooth. Serve with the bread. Yield: 1 loaf (1 pound) and about 1/2 cup spread.
1 slice: 110 calories, 4g fat (3g saturated fat), 26mg cholesterol, 204mg sodium, 15g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 1g fiber), 3g protein .
Reviews for Sour Cream Lemon Bread
"This was an easy recipe. However, the lemon taste in the bread was almost not noticeable. The lemon spread made the whole thing work."