Sour Cream Herb Bread Recipe
For a delicious bread for soup suppers, try this recipe. The herbs make this bread irresistible.—Audrey Thibodeau, Gilbert, Arizona
- 1 package (1/4 ounce) active dry yeast
- 6 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1/2 cup warm water (110° to 115°)
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 1 tablespoon minced chives
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup cracked wheat, optional
- 1. In a large bowl, dissolve yeast in warm water. Add the butter, sour cream, eggs, sugar, parsley, chives, salt, thyme, basil, pepper and 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour. Beat until smooth. Stir in cracked wheat if desired and remaining all-purpose flour to form a soft dough (dough will be sticky).
- 2. Do not knead. Cover and let rise in a warm place until doubled, about 1 hour.
- 3. Stir dough down; spoon into two greased 8-in. x 4-in. loaf pans. Cover and let rise in a warm place until nearly doubled, about 30 minutes.
- 4. Bake at 375° for 35-40 minutes or until golden brown. Remove from pans to cool on wire racks. Yield: 2 loaves (16 slices each).
1 slice: 90 calories, 4g fat (2g saturated fat), 24mg cholesterol, 104mg sodium, 11g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 0g fiber), 2g protein .
Reviews for Sour Cream Herb Bread
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC