Sour Cream Enchiladas
These enchiladas bake up soft, tender and saucy. It's a nice meatless main dish that's also quick and easy.—Lois Hansen, Pinedale, California
4 ServingsPrep: 15 min. Bake: 25 min.
- 4 cups (16 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese, divided
- 2 cups (16 ounces) sour cream
- 2 cans (2-1/4 ounces each) sliced ripe olives, drained
- 1 bunch green onions, thinly sliced
- 8 flour tortillas (8 inches), warmed
- 1 can (19 ounces) enchilada sauce
- In a large bowl, combine 3 cups shredded cheddar cheese and sour
- cream. Set aside 2 tablespoons olives and 2 tablespoons onions. Add
- remaining olives and onions to cheese mixture; mix well. Spoon 1/2
- cup down the center of each tortilla. Roll up and place seam side
- down in a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Pour enchilada sauce
- over the top. Sprinkle with remaining cheese.
- Cover and bake at 325° for 25-30 minutes or until heated through
- and cheese is melted. Sprinkle with reserved olives and onions.
- Yield: 4 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (2 pieces) equals 1,019 calories, 63 g fat (39 g saturated fat), 200 mg cholesterol, 1,709 mg sodium, 69 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 39 g protein.