Sour Cream Drops Recipe
- 1/4 cup shortening
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1-1/3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 to 4 teaspoons hot water
- 1. In a large bowl, cream shortening and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in the egg, sour cream and vanilla. Combine the flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt; add to the creamed mixture and mix well. Chill for at least 1 hour.
- 2. Drop by tablespoonfuls 2 in. apart onto greased baking sheets. Bake at 425° for 7-8 minutes or until lightly browned. Remove to wire racks to cool.
- 3. For frosting, melt butter in a saucepan until golden brown; stir in confectioners' sugar, vanilla and enough water to achieve a spreading consistency. Frost cooled cookies. Yield: about 2-1/2 dozen.
2 each: 159 calories, 6g fat (3g saturated fat), 24mg cholesterol, 91mg sodium, 23g carbohydrate (14g sugars, 0 fiber), 2g protein.
Reviews for Sour Cream Drops
"These are wonderful cookies. They have a cake-like texture, soft , nice and delicious. The icing make them even more irresistable. Very highly recommended!!"
"The first time I made these cookies my husband thought they looked like buttered biscuits. He kept asking me where the cookies where. After I went over and pointed them out he tasted them. Between him and my 2 children none where left for friends. They are very good. I make them several times a year and always get requests."
"These cookies (when made correctly) are delicious and addicting!!! I had to substitute the shortening with butter, because I didn't have any on hand. I will be making these cookies over and over again!"
"Would prefer to use butter and not shortening. I don't like trans fats."
"VERY GOOD. I ADDED 1 TSP. NUTMEG. ILOVE NUTMEG AND ALWAYS ADD IT TO THIS TYPE OF cookie. I ALSO ADDED POWDERED SUGAR TO THE CONSISTENCY I LIKED FOR THIS FROSTING. MY GRAND KIDS LOVED THEM."
"These were good, but the frosting didn't work at all. At first it was solidifying before I could spread it and after adding the water, it was soupier than a glaze."