Sour cream lends perfect, moist flavor to these cookies filled with old-fashioned flavor. The recipe has earned me first prize at many fairs!
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1 cup finely chopped dates
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- 1 cup candied cherries, chopped
- In a large bowl, cream the butter and sugars until light and fluffy. Beat in the eggs, sour cream and vanilla. Combine the flour, salt, cinnamon, baking soda and cloves; gradually add to creamed mixture and mix well. Stir in the dates, nuts and cherries.
- Drop by tablespoonfuls 2 in. apart onto greased baking sheets. Bake at 375° for 10-12 minutes or until lightly browned. Remove to wire racks. Store in an airtight container with waxed paper between layers. Yield: 6 dozen.
Originally published as Sour Cream Date Drops in Taste of Home Christmas Annual Annual 2010, p141
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.
Reviews for Sour Cream Date Drops
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review