Sour Cream Cutouts Recipe
Rich and tender with a lovely vanilla flavor, these cute cutouts are sure to catch Santa's eye when you leave him a plateful! It wouldn't be Christmas for Jane Grosvold of Holcombe, Wisconsin without these expected treats.
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 30 min. + chilling Bake: 15 min./batch + cooling YIELD:78 servings
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 2 cups sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 5-3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 cans (16 ounces each) vanilla frosting
- Gel food coloring of your choice
- 1. In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in the eggs, sour cream and vanilla. Combine the flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt; gradually add to creamed mixture and mix well. Cover and refrigerate overnight.
- 2. On a lightly floured surface, roll out dough to 1/8-in. thickness. Cut with floured cookie cutters. Place 1 in. apart on ungreased baking sheets. Bake at 375° for 12-15 minutes or until lightly browned. Remove to wire racks to cool.
- 3. Tint some of the frosting with food coloring; decorate cookies as desired. Yield: about 6-1/2 dozen.
1 serving (1 each) equals 109 calories, 4 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 17 mg cholesterol, 73 mg sodium, 16 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 1 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC