- 1 cup butter, softened
- 2 cups sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 5-3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 cans (16 ounces each) vanilla frosting
- Gel food coloring of your choice
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in the eggs, sour cream and vanilla. Combine the flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt; gradually add to creamed mixture and mix well. Cover and refrigerate overnight.
- On a lightly floured surface, roll out dough to 1/8-in. thickness. Cut with floured cookie cutters. Place 1 in. apart on ungreased baking sheets. Bake at 375° for 12-15 minutes or until lightly browned. Remove to wire racks to cool.
- Tint some of the frosting with food coloring; decorate cookies as desired. Yield: about 6-1/2 dozen.
Originally published as Sour Cream Cutouts in Taste of Home December/January 2007, p6
Reviews for Sour Cream Cutouts
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review