Sour Cream Cutout Cookies Recipe
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1-1/2 cups sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 3-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/3 cup butter, softened
- 2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 1-1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 to 3 tablespoons milk
- 1. In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in eggs. Add sour cream and vanilla; mix well. In another bowl, whisk flour, baking powder and baking soda; gradually beat into creamed mixture. Divide dough in half. Shape each into a disk; wrap in plastic wrap. Refrigerate 2 hours or until firm enough to roll.
- 2. Preheat oven to 350°. On a well-floured surface, roll each portion of dough to 1/4-in. thickness. Cut with a floured 3-in. cookie cutter. Place 2 in. apart on greased baking sheets.
- 3. Bake 10-12 minutes or until tops spring back when lightly touched. Remove from pans to wire racks to cool completely.
- 4. For frosting, in a bowl, beat butter, confectioners' sugar, vanilla, salt and enough milk to reach desired consistency. Spread over cookies. Yield: about 3-1/2 dozen.
1 cookie equals 157 calories, 7 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 34 mg cholesterol, 111 mg sodium, 21 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 2 g protein.
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.