After trying different ways to make biscuits without being completely satisfied, I decided to incorporate sour cream. Success! Split while warm, butter and enjoy. —Lorraine Caland, Shuniah, ON
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- Preheat oven to 425°. In a large bowl, whisk flour, sugar, baking powder, salt and baking soda. Stir in sour cream just until moistened.
- Turn onto a lightly floured surface; knead gently 8-10 times. Pat or roll dough to 1/2-in. thickness; cut with a floured 2-1/4-in. biscuit cutter. Place 1 in. apart on an ungreased baking sheet. Bake until golden brown, 10-12 minutes. Brush biscuits with butter; serve warm. Yield: 10 biscuits.
Originally published as Sour Cream Cut-Out Biscuits in Taste of Home Christmas Annual Annual 2016, p22
Reviews for Sour Cream Cut-Out Biscuits
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review