Sour Cream Cucumbers Recipe
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 3 tablespoons white vinegar
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- Pepper to taste
- 4 medium cucumbers, peeled if desired and thinly sliced
- 1 small sweet onion, thinly sliced and separated into rings
- In a large bowl, whisk sour cream, vinegar, sugar and pepper until blended. Add cucumbers and onion; toss to coat. Refrigerate, covered, at least 4 hours. Serve with a slotted spoon. Yield: 8 servings.
Reviews for Sour Cream Cucumbers(24)
Sort By :
The sugar in this recipe is unnecessary. Be sure to salt and pepper it. My family has eaten it that way for close to 80 years, at every Easter and spring/summer get together. Don't be afraid to add a higher ratio of dressing to cukes either.:)
I meant to say I'd add maybe two to three tablespoons of mayo. I was thinking there was more sour cream than on half a cup, so I'd wouldn't cut down on the sour cream.
I edited my other post......it didn't seem to go through, so I added another message. Now I see it was edited, so disregard anything else beside the first post!
I've had cucmbers in sour cream in the past that were delicious so I tried this recipe. They were very good, but seemed to be lacking a little something, so I added some vegan mayonnaise-type dressing and a little fresh ground pepper. That did the trick! When I make them again, I'll probably add maybe two tablespoons of the vegan mayo. Regular mayonnaise could also be used. These seem to taste even better when they've sat in the refrigerator for a couple of days!
we have just cucumbers and sour cream alone with salt and pepper and it is to die for
More Recipe Collections
- All Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >
- Comfort Food Recipes >
- Comfort Food Salad Recipes >
- Comfort Food Vegetarian Recipes >
- Cucumber Salads >
- Diabetic Recipes >
- Diabetic Salad Recipes >
- Low Carb Recipes >
- Low Carb Salads >
- Low Fat Recipes >
- Low Fat Salad Recipes >
- Low Sodium Recipes >
- Low Sodium Salads >
- Quick Recipes >