Sour Cream Cucumbers Salad
GETTING kids to eat their vegetables can be tricky business for many parents. Admits Karen Holt, “My kids are not vegetable eaters, so I’m constantly challenged to find recipes that appeal to their appetites.”
This Redding, California mother adds that Sour Cream Cucumbers are a tasty way to make a plentiful vegetable acceptable to her picky trio.
“Not only is this the only way my kids will eat
6-8 ServingsPrep: 10 min. + chilling
- 2 large cucumbers, peeled and sliced
- 1 large onion, sliced into rings
- 3/4 cup sour cream
- 3 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- Salt and pepper to taste
- In a bowl, combine the cucumbers and onion. Combine remaining
- ingredients and pour over cucumbers. Mix well. Chill. Yield: 6-8
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 75 calories, 4 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 15 mg cholesterol, 13 mg sodium, 8 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 1 g protein.