Sour Cream Cucumber Salad
"ONE OF the staples of Ukrainian cooking is sour cream. This combination of sour cream and cucumbers makes a very tasty salad. During the summer we use cucumbers from our garden for that wonderfully fresh, crunchy taste. But store-bought cucumbers work almost as well, so we enjoy this dish year-around—it goes especially well with meat dishes."
6 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 3 medium cucumbers, peeled and thinly sliced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup finely chopped green onions
- 1 tablespoon white vinegar
- Dash white pepper
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- Sprinkle the cucumbers with salt. Let stand 15 minutes. Drain liquid.
- Add onions, vinegar and pepper. Just before serving, stir in sour
- cream. Yield: 6 servings.
Nutritional Facts:Diabetic Exchanges: One serving (prepared with reduced-fat sour cream) equals 1 vegetable; also, 35 calories, 197 mg sodium, 2 gm cholesterol, 6 gm carbohydrate, 2 gm protein, 1 gm fat.