Sour Cream Cranberry Bars Recipe
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 cups quick-cooking oats
- 1-1/2 cups plus 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour, divided
- 2 cups dried cranberries
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1 tablespoon grated lemon peel
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1. Preheat oven to 350°. In a large bowl, cream butter and brown sugar until light and fluffy. Combine oats and 1-1/2 cups flour; add to the creamed mixture until blended. Set aside 1-1/2 cups for topping.
- 2. Press remaining crumb mixture into an ungreased 13x9-in. baking pan. Bake 10-12 minutes or until lightly browned.
- 3. Meanwhile, in a large bowl, combine the cranberries, sour cream, sugar, egg, lemon peel, vanilla and remaining flour. Spread evenly over crust. Sprinkle with reserved crumb mixture.
- 4. Bake 20-25 minutes or until lightly browned. Cool on a wire rack. Refrigerate leftovers. Yield: about 3 dozen.
1 each: 157 calories, 7g fat (4g saturated fat), 24mg cholesterol, 59mg sodium, 23g carbohydrate (15g sugars, 1g fiber), 2g protein.
Reviews for Sour Cream Cranberry Bars
"I thought these were delicious. Great for the holidays, or any time. Thanks for sharing the recipe, Barbara."
"Tasty bars. But the ungreased pan has to be a typo. It took a lot of muscle and prying to get them loose."
"Absolutely delicious! I made these for my kid's school bake sale. They sold them during lunch in school and were "the best seller" according to one of the teachers. All the teachers also raved about them. Make these and you won't regret it!"
"This was a hit with my family.I served then on the holidays."
"these bars are great!"
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.