Sour Cream Cranberry Bars Recipe
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 cups quick-cooking oats
- 1-1/2 cups plus 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour, divided
- 2 cups dried cranberries
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1 tablespoon grated lemon peel
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1. Preheat oven to 350°. In a large bowl, cream butter and brown sugar until light and fluffy. Combine oats and 1-1/2 cups flour; add to the creamed mixture until blended. Set aside 1-1/2 cups for topping.
- 2. Press remaining crumb mixture into an ungreased 13x9-in. baking pan. Bake 10-12 minutes or until lightly browned.
- 3. Meanwhile, in a large bowl, combine the cranberries, sour cream, sugar, egg, lemon peel, vanilla and remaining flour. Spread evenly over crust. Sprinkle with reserved crumb mixture.
- 4. Bake 20-25 minutes or until lightly browned. Cool on a wire rack. Refrigerate leftovers. Yield: about 3 dozen.
1 serving (1 each) equals 157 calories, 7 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 24 mg cholesterol, 59 mg sodium, 23 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 2 g protein.
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.