A filling made with dried cranberries is layered between a buttery crust and a golden crumb topping in these flavorful bars. They're recommended by Barbara Nowakowski from Mesa, Arizona.
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 cups quick-cooking oats
- 1-1/2 cups plus 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour, divided
- 2 cups dried cranberries
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1 tablespoon grated lemon peel
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350°. In a large bowl, cream butter and brown sugar until light and fluffy. Combine oats and 1-1/2 cups flour; add to the creamed mixture until blended. Set aside 1-1/2 cups for topping.
- Press remaining crumb mixture into an ungreased 13x9-in. baking pan. Bake 10-12 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Meanwhile, in a large bowl, combine the cranberries, sour cream, sugar, egg, lemon peel, vanilla and remaining flour. Spread evenly over crust. Sprinkle with reserved crumb mixture.
- Bake 20-25 minutes or until lightly browned. Cool on a wire rack. Refrigerate leftovers. Yield: about 3 dozen.
Originally published as Sour Cream Cranberry Bars in Taste of Home October/November 2004, p47
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.
Reviews for Sour Cream Cranberry Bars
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review