Unlike most corn breads, this loaf is moist and extra flavorful, thanks to the sour cream and rosemary Leonora Wilkie of Bellbrook, Ohio adds.
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup yellow cornmeal
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 egg
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- 1/3 cup milk
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- In a medium bowl, combine dry ingredients. In another bowl, beat egg, sour cream, milk and butter; add to cornmeal mixture and mix just until combined. Pour into a greased 8-in. square baking dish.
- Bake at 400° for 20-25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Serve warm. Yield: 9 servings.
Originally published as Sour Cream Corn Bread in Country Woman May/June 1995, p13
Reviews for Sour Cream Cornbread
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review