- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup yellow cornmeal
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 egg
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- 1/3 cup milk
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- In a medium bowl, combine dry ingredients. In another bowl, beat egg, sour cream, milk and butter; add to cornmeal mixture and mix just until combined. Pour into a greased 8-in. square baking dish.
- Bake at 400° for 20-25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Serve warm. Yield: 9 servings.
Reviews for Sour Cream Cornbread(2)
Sort By :
I usually make a sweeter cornbread from TOH, but I thought I'd try something different. I really liked it. I'm not sure what my family is going to think, but I really enjoyed the flavor.
Let me just say I have never made a bread flavored with rosemary. I'm not sure if I liked it. It was easy to make and cooked fine, looked just like the picture!. The flavor was strong enough to taste. I think if you like rosemary this is a good recipe. I'll probably try it again to see if I like it more. I guess I'm more used to bland cornbread. :)