Sour Cream Coffee Cake Recipe
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 2/3 cup plus 1 tablespoon sugar, divided
- 1 egg
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1. In a bowl, cream butter and 2/3 cup sugar until light and fluffy, about 5 minutes. Beat in egg and vanilla. Combine flour and baking soda; add to creamed mixture alternately with sour cream. Beat just until combined.
- 2. Combine the cinnamon and remaining sugar; sprinkle 1-1/2 teaspoons into an 8-in. fluted tube pan coated with cooking spray. Add half of the batter. Sprinkle with remaining cinnamon-sugar; top with remaining batter.
- 3. Bake at 350° for 30-35 minutes or until toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack to cool completely. Yield: 6 servings.
1 slice: 357 calories, 20g fat (12g saturated fat), 90mg cholesterol, 280mg sodium, 41g carbohydrate (25g sugars, 1g fiber), 4g protein
Reviews for Sour Cream Coffee Cake
"We love this recipe. But I'd make some slight modifications. I add about 1/4 tsp of salt and add it to the flour and baking soda mixture. Also I bake it in a loaf pan, but I have to increase the cook time to 50 minutes using a glass loaf pan."
"I have made quite a few Taste of Home recipes over the years and this one by far is one of the worse. I threw the entire cake out. Very disappointed!Does TOH prepare the recipe before publishing?"
"Suffice to say in the 45 years of baking, (which I do every week)I have only thrown out to two cakes because I thought they were awful after the first bite-I think this recipe fails as a cake- would make a great cushion to sit on!"
"Sorry -- reviewed the wrong Sour Cream Coffee Cake -- see the one from TOH Dec 09/Jan 10."
"Very moist & tasty. Relatively uncomplicated, with everyday ingredients. Reheats well, too."
"i made this twice and both times the cake explode in the oven. what im i doing wrong. please help."
"I bet you could also use the mini bundt pans. They would be cute for an individual serving."
"I've never seen this small (8 in.) fluted pan. Where would I find one?"
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.