- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 2/3 cup plus 1 tablespoon sugar, divided
- 1 egg
- 1/2 teaspoon McCormick® Pure Vanilla Extract
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- In a bowl, cream butter and 2/3 cup sugar until light and fluffy, about 5 minutes. Beat in egg and vanilla. Combine flour and baking soda; add to creamed mixture alternately with sour cream. Beat just until combined.
- Combine the cinnamon and remaining sugar; sprinkle 1-1/2 teaspoons into an 8-in. fluted tube pan coated with cooking spray. Add half of the batter. Sprinkle with remaining cinnamon-sugar; top with remaining batter.
- Bake at 350° for 30-35 minutes or until toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack to cool completely. Yield: 6 servings.
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.
Reviews for Sour Cream Coffee Cake
Sort By :
"We love this recipe. But I'd make some slight modifications. I add about 1/4 tsp of salt and add it to the flour and baking soda mixture. Also I bake it in a loaf pan, but I have to increase the cook time to 50 minutes using a glass loaf pan."
"I have made quite a few Taste of Home recipes over the years and this one by far is one of the worse. I threw the entire cake out. Very disappointed!Does TOH prepare the recipe before publishing?"
"Suffice to say in the 45 years of baking, (which I do every week)I have only thrown out to two cakes because I thought they were awful after the first bite-I think this recipe fails as a cake- would make a great cushion to sit on!"
"Sorry -- reviewed the wrong Sour Cream Coffee Cake -- see the one from TOH Dec 09/Jan 10."
"Very moist & tasty. Relatively uncomplicated, with everyday ingredients. Reheats well, too."