Moist, delicious and tender…that's what you get when you bake this luscious coffee cake from Charlotte Mallet-Prevost of Frederick, Maryland. “I get a good response whenever I make it,” Charlotte writes. “It's fantastic.”
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 2/3 cup plus 1 tablespoon sugar, divided
- 1 egg
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- In a bowl, cream butter and 2/3 cup sugar until light and fluffy, about 5 minutes. Beat in egg and vanilla. Combine flour and baking soda; add to creamed mixture alternately with sour cream. Beat just until combined.
- Combine the cinnamon and remaining sugar; sprinkle 1-1/2 teaspoons into an 8-in. fluted tube pan coated with cooking spray. Add half of the batter. Sprinkle with remaining cinnamon-sugar; top with remaining batter.
- Bake at 350° for 30-35 minutes or until toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack to cool completely. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Sour Cream Coffee Cake in Cooking for 2 Fall 2007, p25
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.
Reviews for Sour Cream Coffee Cake
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review