- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1-3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup baking cocoa
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup (6 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup vanilla or white chips
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugars until light and fluffy. Beat in egg, sour cream and vanilla. Combine dry ingredients; gradually add to the creamed mixture. Stir in chips.
- Drop by rounded tablespoonfuls 2 in. apart onto greased baking sheets. Bake at 350° for 12-15 minutes or until set. Cool for 2 minutes before removing to wire racks to cool completely. Yield: about 3 dozen.
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.
Reviews for Sour Cream Chocolate Cookies
Sort By :
"These are fabulous cookies and I'm not a choc fan. Very tasty and moist. Have made them several times and they are a success wherever I take them"
"Another awesome cookie recipe. Hubby is a true Toll House recipe addict. He says this recipe is even better and I agree with him! I baked them for exactly 11 minutes and moved them to cooling racks after 1 minute."
"These cookies were okay, but nothing special. Only the batch that I removed from the oven after 12 or 13 min. came out moist. The ones I cooked for the full/close to full time were too dry for me. Also, this cookie has more of a cake consistency than a cookie and I don't care for that. With so many really great classics, and other new recipes out there to try, I doubt I will make these cookies again."
"Yummy cookie. Very moist with a good medium plus chocolate flavor. Not quite as rich as a brownie. The choc and white chips pop with yummmm flavor in your mouth!"