- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1-3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup baking cocoa
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup (6 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup vanilla or white chips
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugars until light and fluffy. Beat in egg, sour cream and vanilla. Combine dry ingredients; gradually add to the creamed mixture. Stir in chips.
- Drop by rounded tablespoonfuls 2 in. apart onto greased baking sheets. Bake at 350° for 12-15 minutes or until set. Cool for 2 minutes before removing to wire racks to cool completely. Yield: about 3 dozen.
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.
Reviews for Sour Cream Chocolate Cookies
Sort By :
"If you like chocolate and you like soft cookies, then you'll LOVE these. Careful, their addictive!"
"This was very good. I only had chocolate , not white chips. I liked it very much. I don't think I'll add the white chips."
"In the early 1970's, my aunt had this recipe - although it included rich chocolate frosting too! All these years the search for the recipe has been tedious! So glad I found it here and put it in my recipe box! No more lost cards. These are great, choclatey and soft."
"Excellent cookies! My family loved them! I added small pieces of Kraft caramels in the middle."