- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1-3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup baking cocoa
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup (6 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup vanilla or white chips
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugars until light and fluffy. Beat in egg, sour cream and vanilla. Combine dry ingredients; gradually add to the creamed mixture. Stir in chips.
- Drop by rounded tablespoonfuls 2 in. apart onto greased baking sheets. Bake at 350° for 12-15 minutes or until set. Cool for 2 minutes before removing to wire racks to cool completely. Yield: about 3 dozen.
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.
Reviews for Sour Cream Chocolate Cookies
"This is exactly the type of chocolate cookie I was looking for. It's a good cross between a brownie and a cookie....Too chewy to be considered cake like, but not chewy enough to be a traditional chocolate chip cookie to me. I'll definitely make again when I'm looking for a triple hit of chocolate!"
"They are similar to a brownie. Sour cream gives this cookie a very good taste. I used all white chips."
"I'm not a sweet eater, but I have a family all of whom have an extra long sweet tooth. These were easy to make, had a good soft texture, and although very very chocolate tasting, the first three dozen disappeared among a group of ages of 13 through 76 as they were being baked - the cookies, not the people."
"My cookies turned out more the thickness and texture of a regular chocolate chip cookie - not thick and cake-like. Not sure why. I was hoping for cake-like. That said, the cookies are delicious! I baked them for 12 min, let them cool on the cookie sheet a few minutes then moved them to a rack. I also used 1/3 cup dark chocolate chips and 2/3 cup milk chocolate and 1/3 cup chopped walnuts. Why 1/3 cup? Because my 1/2 cup was dirty. There's no science here. I definitely recommend these cookies."
"Delicious!!!! I couldn't stop eating the dough, and the finished product is just as wonderful. Very moist and full of flavor. I used white chips and loved it. This is my go to double chocolate chip cookie recipe now."