Sour Cream Chive Bread Recipe
- 2/3 cup milk (70° to 80°)
- 1/4 cup water (70° to 80°)
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1-1/2 teaspoons sugar
- 1-1/2 teaspoons salt
- 3 cups King Arthur Unbleached Bread Flour
- 1/8 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 cup minced chives
- 2-1/4 teaspoons active dry yeast
- In bread machine pan, place all ingredients in the order suggested by manufacturer. Select basic bread setting. Choose crust color and loaf size if available. Bake according to bread machine directions (check dough after 5 minutes of mixing; add 1 to 2 tablespoons of water or flour if needed). Yield: 1 loaf (1-1/2 pounds, 16 slices).
Reviews for Sour Cream Chive Bread(4)
Sort By :
Was the first time I made this an. I am keeping this a real favorite
Made this bread to go with our soup for supper. The following morning followed Deborah's recommendation and had it toasted with our eggs.
Told my son & daughter-in-law at lunch time how good it was. Her question was: Why don't we get any of your bread. Answer: Because we ate it all.
We love this bread. I started making it a few years ago. It always turn out beautiful and tasty. I do add 2 tablespoons of vital wheat gluten, I find it keeps it soft....that is if you don't eat it all.
I loved this recipe! Nice and moist and light. This is a keeper!