- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 3/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 large egg
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- 5 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup mint or semisweet chocolate chips
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Combine the egg, sour cream, butter and vanilla. Stir into dry ingredients just until moistened. Fold in chocolate chips.
- Fill greased or paper-lined muffin cups three-fourths full. Bake at 350° for 18-20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 5 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack. Yield: 1 dozen.
Reviews for Sour Cream Chip Muffins
"Gorgeous recipe. My one addition was a squeeze of lemon and some lemon zest. I used chocolate chunks. This is an excellent basic muffin recipe where you can substitute the chips for your item of choice. Let's face it: Is there anything better in baked goods than sour cream (and lemon zest!)?"
"These muffins were so moist and light. These are my husband's new favorite breakfast."
"This is an excellent breakfast muffin that is moist and flavorful. I made them for my chocoholic daughter and her friend on Saturday morning. They both loved them. Then I took the leftovers to my adult Sunday School class where they were equally well received. Only change made was to use mini semi-sweet chips because I had them open and on hand. The mini size means each bite has some chocolate in it. Thanks for a great recipe."
"These are so yummy!! I only had white chocolate chips and it was delicious! Sour cream makes this recipe !!"
"These are disappearing quickly! Made them as mini muffins. Baked them for around 11 minutes. Will be making them again soon."
"These are delicious! I often will make a double batch and freeze them. This is a often requested recipe whenever I share them."
"I made these with whole wheat pastry flour, greek non fat plain yogurt instead of sour cream for extra protein and half the calories. I also omitted the butter and used canola oil. They were so moist. I took them to work for a birthday and only had a few left."
"very good and simple!"
"I thought these were delicious! I'm not a big chocolate eater so used dried cherries instead. LOVED them!! Next time I will double the recipe and freeze some so hopefully they'll last a little longer."